Carrot Date and Walnut Cake. In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar,grated carrots and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices; gradually add to carrot mixture and beat to blend well. Fold in chopped nuts, raisins and dates.
Use canola oil spray to grease a loaf pan, then line the pan with baking paper. Place chopped dates in a heatproof bowl, then pour over boiling water and add bicarbonate of soda – this helps soften the dates. In another bowl, mix all the other ingredients (chopped walnuts, pitted dates, whole wheat flour, nutmeg powder, sodium bicarbonate, salt & vanilla essence). You can cook Carrot Date and Walnut Cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot Date and Walnut Cake
- You need 1/2 cup of caramelized sugar syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped dates.
- It’s 1 cup of grated carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture to the carrot mixture. Mix together the dry & wet ingredients well. Made with a carrot, date and walnut base, this delicious cake is topped with a silky cashew maple coconut icing that's surprisingly healthy and good for you. This is what carrot cake dreams are made of!
Carrot Date and Walnut Cake instructions
- Caramel syrup-In a small sauce pan, on medium low heat, melt 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water. Once it turns deep amber color, keep the syrup to cool..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients..
- Now put the chopped dates,carrots and walnuts into the dry mixture and mix until well coated..
- Mix together the wet ingredients-oil,eggs,sugar and caramel syrup in another large bowl..
- Now fold the dry ingredient mixture into the wet until well combined..
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin..
- Bake for 30 mins or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Cool the cake on a wire rack. Slice and serve like that or with cream cheese frosting..
- Trust me the cakes tastes absolutely delicious even without a frosting!.
recipe by Jiya @cookpad
Keep carrot cake bites in a container in the freezer. Pit and chop dates into tiny pieces. Split up the toasted cashew nut/walnut kernels if they are too big. Add a tablespoon of Flour into the Carrots, Dates, and Nuts and mix slightly. It will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pan (especially dates and nuts) and will aid to separate the Date pieces.