Strawberry Naked Cake / Strawberry Shortcake★Recipe★. This strawberry naked cake is made with fresh pureed strawberries and is paired with homemade sweet cream whipped cream! Like a strawberries and cream cake! This is a real deal strawberry cake.
But this time it's not a vegan strawberry cake again, because there are already some of them on my blog, this one is for my non-vegan followers. In the meantime, I have already received a lot of messages asking if I only bake vegan now. This Strawberry Shortcake Cake is an easy twist on the classic dessert with layers of moist vanilla cake, juicy strawberries and fluffy whipped cream! You can cook Strawberry Naked Cake / Strawberry Shortcake★Recipe★ using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Naked Cake / Strawberry Shortcake★Recipe★
- It’s of ■ For the sponge cake.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 55 g (1/4 cup) of and 1 tsp) granulated sugar.
- It’s 60 g of (about 1/2 cup) cake flour.
- It’s 20 g (1.7 Tbsp) of unsalted butter.
- You need 20 g (1.4 Tbsp) of milk.
- Prepare 7 g (1 tsp) of honey.
- You need of ※(Inside measurement of baking tray; 31cm x 22cm / 12.2''× 8.7'').
- You need of ■ For the syrup.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of hot water.
- You need 2 Tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of brandy.
- It’s of ■ For the strawberry cream.
- You need 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) of heavy cream.
- You need 15 g (0.5 oz) of freeze-dried strawberry powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of granulated sugar, for heavy cream.
- You need 18 g (1.5 Tbsp) of granulated sugar, for strawberry powder.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare of ■ For the Toppings.
- Prepare 8-10 of strawberries.
- Prepare of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
The perfect dessert for fresh summer strawberries! Looking for a traditional strawberry shortcake recipe? Try my easy strawberry shortcake recipe with homemade biscuits and whipped cream! Buttermilk Strawberry Shortcakes "These turned out fantastic.
Strawberry Naked Cake / Strawberry Shortcake★Recipe★ step by step
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/Ev5bqxAtYM8.
- 【For the sponge cake】Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374 F. Sift the cake flour twice. Put unsalted butter, milk, and honey in a small bowl; set aside. Prepare hot water to warm egg mixture (low heat)..
- Beat egg lightly until becomes watery. Add granulated sugar and mix lightly. Warm it in hot water until it reaches body temperature..
- Take the egg mixture out of the hot water. Warm the milk, butter, and honey in the hot water (extremely low heat); set aside..
- Whip the egg mixture with a hand mixer on high speed. The batter falls slowly forming a ribbon. It should hold it's shape for a few moments. Whip it slowly on low speed for 1.5 mins to make bubbles smaller and the same size..
- Add the flour in 2 parts. Fold it about 20 times after 1st addition. Fold it until the powderiness disappears after 2nd addition. (30-40 times).
- Add a small amount of the batter to the warmed butter, milk, and honey. Mix well until smooth. Put it back to the cake batter. Fold it until combined (30 times). Please mix the batter of the bottom sometimes..
- Pour it into a baking sheet and flatten it. Drop the sheet lightly about several times to remove large bubbles. Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for 15 mins..
- Drop the sheet to prevent the cake from shrinking. Take the cake out of the sheet. Let it cool. When cooled, peel off the parchment paper..
- 【For the syrup】Add hot water to granulated sugar and stir to melt. Add brandy and stir..
- 【Assemble the cake!】Cut out 3 circles from the sponge sheet with a 12 cm (4.7'') mousse ring. Cut out 3 circles from the sponge sheet with a 6 cm (2.4'') mousse ring. Brush both sides of each layer with the syrup..
- Add granulated sugar to heavy cream. Whip it while cooling with ice water until it becomes heavy; set aside. Put granulated sugar and strawberry powder, mix well. Add water and mix well until combined..
- Add the strawberry mixture to the whipped cream in 2-3 parts. Mix it with a spatula. Cut strawberries vertically in half..
- Lay the first layer. Put the strawberry cream on top of the first layer and spread it. Pipe swirls of whipped cream along the edge of the cake. Place strawberries on the inside of the cream of swirls. Pipe the cream between each strawberry to fill the gap..
- Add the second layer of cake. Repeat the steps of spreading the cream, piping swirls, and filling the inside with strawberries and cream..
- Add the third layer of cake. Repeat the steps of spreading the cream and piping swirls. Top the cake with the remaining strawberries. Assemble mini-cake (6cm / 2.4-inch) in the same way. It's all done!.
Nobody wanted to want for the strawberry preparation, so I had to make a second batch!" – Mel Schwan. Cottage Pudding "This is a wonderful shortcake recipe my grandmother used to make for strawberry shortcake. It is moist and sweet." – Kaylene. Most Made Today Strawberry Shortcake Cake – Layers of moist, buttery cake filled with strawberry pie filling and whipped cream frosting. The classic flavors of strawberry shortcake in a, well, CAKE!