Kaasstengels (Cheese Shortbreads). The name describes its ingredients, shape and origin; kaas is the Dutch word for cheese, while stengels means sticks. Scatter the grated cheese over the pastry and season with salt and pepper. Now twist the ends of the pastry strips in opposite directions to.
Het recept voor deze ideale partysnack vind je op Allerhande.nl. borrelhapje Say cheese, please! This Shortbread Crust has a sweet buttery flavor and a crisp texture. Odkryj Kaasstengels Dutch Kaas Cheese Stengel Sticks stockowych obrazów w HD i miliony innych beztantiemowych zdjęć stockowych, ilustracji i wektorów w kolekcji Shutterstock. You can make Kaasstengels (Cheese Shortbreads) using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kaasstengels (Cheese Shortbreads)
- You need 200 g of cheese (Edam is better, if not then gouda, then cheddar), grated.
- Prepare 500 g of mixed butter (salted) and margarine (or 250g each).
- It’s 800 g of flour.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
In a rare moment, my fingers are itching to write about something. Between weeding outside in the yard, cleaning up the kitchen, doing chores, blogging ended up to be. View Videos or join the Kaasstengels discussion. Kaasstengels , Kastengel or kue keju is Dutch influenced-Indonesian cheese cookie in the form of sticks, commonly.
Kaasstengels (Cheese Shortbreads) step by step
- Grate cheese, mix it well with the butter-margarine mix with mixer or by hand inside the large bowl..
- Add flour little by little, mix everything well..
- Grease baking tray with margarine using the large brush..
- Put the batter into the cookie extruder, extrude and cut into matchstick length. If you don't have any, you can use a rolling pin (or a bottle) then cut into matchstick-long and finger-wide shape. If you feel lazier, you can make ball-shapes, but the crunch will be less satisfactory due to the thickness difference..
- Mix eggyolk with 1 tablespoon of water inside a small bowl. Brush the top of the kaasstengels for a nice shine. Add a small bit of grated cheese on top for decoration. You can skip the eggwashing step if you like, still tastes good..
- Preheat the oven (180 degree) for 5 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes and check whether it's cooked through, if not, add 10 more minutes..
Kaasstengel is a savory cookie that is popular throughout the Netherlands and Indonesia. It consists of flour, margarine, baking powder, egg yolks, and Dutch cheeses such as Edam or Gouda. Kaasstengels cheese cake – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Kaasstengels, Kastengel or kue keju is Dutch-Indonesian cheese cookie in the form of stick, commonly found in the Unlike most cookies, kaasstengels taste savoury and salty instead of sweet. This basic recipe for kaasstengels ('cheese stems') couldn't be easier to make and is ideal for those leftover bits of puff.