Rockin' Bockin' Texan Ranchero Beans.
You can have Rockin' Bockin' Texan Ranchero Beans using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rockin' Bockin' Texan Ranchero Beans
- Prepare 2 lbs of pinto beans.
- You need 1 (32 oz) of box of beef broth.
- You need 2 (12 oz) of Shiner Bock beers.
- You need 1 of medium red onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of jalapeños, halved and seeded.
- It’s 1 can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- It’s 6 tbs of pinto bean seasoning.
- It’s 6-8 of stems of cilantro.
- Prepare of Ham hock or sliced bacon (2-4 thick slices, quartered).
Rockin' Bockin' Texan Ranchero Beans instructions
- Soak the beans overnight in large container with enough water to cover by 2". Remove bad beans, stems, debris and rinse well before using..
- Place soaked beans in a slow cooker. Add beef broth and both beers to cover beans completely. Add additional broth, beer or water if needed to cover beans by 1-2" of liquid. Be prepared to add liquid during cooking if needed..
- Add diced tomatoes, diced onion, sliced jalapeños, pinto bean seasoning, ham hock or bacon and cilantro. Stir to combine..
- Cook in crock pot on low heat for 6-8 hours. Add liquid as needed to keep liquid level with beans (or slightly below if you prefer thicker bean sauce). Don't allow liquid to cook down completely..
- These flavors continue to come together even more when stored in thy refrigerator and reheated the next day. I've had people say they're even better then. Enjoy!.
recipe by Troy Dye @cookpad