Christmas rich fruit cake. Want to make a delicious Christmas cake this year, then follow Steve's Recipe and you will be sure to impress. Check out the cake tin here. Decorate the cake.(This step is optional).
If you're using alcohol, then it's a good idea to start making your cake in. A very very rich fruitcake.perfect for Christmas, just remember, the longer it sits in the tin, the tastier it will be. First poke little holes in the cake with a knitting needle or a skewer. You can have Christmas rich fruit cake using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Christmas rich fruit cake
- You need 200 gm of flour.
- It’s 300 gm of brown sugar.
- It’s 100 gm of almond flour.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need of For fruits.
- Prepare 1 pack of cherries.
- Prepare 1 pack of dates.
- It’s 1 pack of sweetened pineapple chunks.
- It’s 1 bowl of golden raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 of nutmeg, 4 cloves, all spice grounded.
- Prepare 1 bowl of chopped almonds.
- You need 1 bowl of chopped walnuts.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Come Christmas you will have a very very rich fruit cake. Use royal icing to ice it or almond paste and royal icing, I don't. Moist, rich, dark Christmas fruit cake loaded with delicious all-natural dried fruits and nuts: no artificial candied fruits and no bitter candied peel. If you've been a longtime reader, you know I feel very strongly about all the cake I make, like my favorite family pound cake.
Christmas rich fruit cake step by step
- Mix the fruits and soak in orange juice prior 3 days to bake cake.
- Mix the butter stick along with brown sugar and blend well until a creamy texture forms.
- Add in the almond flour and pour one egg at a time and continue whisking, at this point add the soaked fruits and nuts, oil and spice add in flour by sieving it so that no lumps are formed.
- Mix well with spatula to form a dense mixture until cake batter is ready, meanwhile coat the cake pan with butter.
- Set the oven at 300 deg f and slow bake for 2 and 1/2 hrs and check in between with skewer to judge its softness..
recipe by shreyaas_world @cookpad
To test if cake is cooked, insert a small, sharp knife into centre of cake. The fruit cake lovers and the fruit cake haters. I used to be a fruit cake hater for a very long time. Then it all changed one day. Long time back, our good friend Femila Cinthu bought us a yummy Gazillion kilo weighing fruit cake during Christmas time.