Bacon and Jalapeno Deviled Eggs colored for Christmas. Deviled eggs with the addition of savory bacon, delicious Cheddar and spicy jalapeno. Cut eggs in half lengthwise; place yolks in a bowl. Mash egg yolks with a fork; stir in minced jalapeno, Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, red onion, and mustard.
Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard! These spicy, creamy deviled eggs with jalapeños and bacon are a delicious twist on traditional deviled eggs! Just boil up some fresh eggs and gently scoop out the yolks into a bowl. You can make Bacon and Jalapeno Deviled Eggs colored for Christmas using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Bacon and Jalapeno Deviled Eggs colored for Christmas
- Prepare 6 of large hard boiled eggs, peeled.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of small red or green pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped, seedes removed for a milder flavor.
- You need 1 teaspoon of the juice from the jalapeno jar.
- You need of Red and green food coloring as needed.
- You need 4 slices of bacon cooked crisp and crumbles.
- You need 1 of green onionm sliced.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Mash 'em up with mayonnaise, or plain yogurt if you prefer, vinegar, ground mustard, and a pinch of sugar and salt. Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl. Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete.
Bacon and Jalapeno Deviled Eggs colored for Christmas instructions
- Cut each egg in half, lenghwise.
- Remove egg yolks to a bowl and mash with mayonnaise, mustard,sugar , jalapeno jalapeno juice, salt and pepper.
- Dye eggs red and green.
- Have 2 bowls ready and fill each with 1 cup of hot water. Add 1 teaspoon white vinegsr to each bowl. Add 1 teaspoon green food color to one bowl and stir. Add 1 teaspoon red food color to the other bowl and stir. Add half of egg whites in red bowl and half in green bowl. Let sit in dye about 2 minutes..
- Remove them and dry them.
- Fill whites with egg yolk mixture.
- Top with crisp bacon and green onione.
Halve eggs lengthwise, then spoon out yolks into a small bowl and place whites on a serving platter. Using a fork, mash yolks, then stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, bacon, cheddar, mustard, and jalapeño and season with salt and. Cook your eggs and bacon at the same time if you don't have leftovers. Slice the eggs lengthwise in half and pop the yolks into a small mixing bowl. More mayo makes a lighter filling.