Vickys Caramel Apple Upsides Down Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Caramel Apple Upsides Down Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Caramel Apple Upsides Down Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of peeled & cored cooking apples – 1 thinly sliced, 2 grated.
- You need of Caramel Sauce:.
- You need of soft brown sugar.
- You need of Stork block margarine (gold foil wrapper).
- You need of Cake Mixture Dry Ingredients:.
- Prepare of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of bicarb of soda / baking soda.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients:.
- It’s of rice milk / water – you will need 2 tbsp extra for GF mix.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need of lemon juice.
- Prepare of orange zest.
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
Vickys Caramel Apple Upsides Down Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line an 8" square cake tin with parchment paper – a loose bottomed tin is easiest for this recipe.
- Melt the brown sugar and margarine together in a small saucepan then when smooth, pour into the lined tin.
- Arrange the apple slices neatly in the sauce.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together in separate bowls.
- Add the wet to the dry.
- Mix to form a thin batter.
- Pour over the apple slices.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until firm to the touch and pulling in from the sides of the tin.
- Let rest 5 minutes then turn out.
- Slice into squares and serve with ice cream or custard. You'll find free-from recipes for both on my profile!.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad