Baked Scotch Eggs. Making scotch eggs is really not as hard as some may think and makes such a great dish for either breakfast or any other part of the day. Avoid the deep fryer with these Baked Scotch Eggs, this easy recipe is perfect for a fun lunch or picnic. Contrary to popular belief, Scotch Eggs have nothing to do with Scotland.
Sorry, doc, now we're making them at home. Baked Scotch Eggs – Hard-boiled egg wrapped in a Flavorful Spicy Ground beef or Sausage, rolled in delicious crunchy case – Baked or Fried to Perfection! They are easy to make, portable and delicious! You can make Baked Scotch Eggs using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Baked Scotch Eggs
- It’s 4 of hard-boiled eggs.
- You need of MEAT MIXTURE m.
- You need 3.5 oz of ham, minced.
- It’s 8 oz of ground pork sausage.
- You need 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of dried sage.
- You need 1 tsp of dried marjoram.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of BREADING b.
- You need 1/2 c of ground pork rinds.
- Prepare 2 T of ground flax seed.
- You need pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 c of grated Parmesan cheese, optional.
These baked Scotch eggs can be enjoyed anytime of the day, and save on fat and calories since they're baked in the oven. A Scotch egg is a whole soft or hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage meat, coated in bread crumbs and baked or deep-fried. There are a number of different theories about the origins and etymology of. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
Baked Scotch Eggs step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In a bowl, combine meat mixture ingredients. Divide into four portions and flatten into patties. Wrap a patty around each egg and seal closed..
- In another bowl, combine breading ingredients. Roll meat-wrapped eggs in breading mixture until thoroughly coated. Transfer to baking sheet..
- Bake about 25 min. Serve hot with mayo, mustard, Ketchup or BBQ sauce..
recipe by Sue @cookpad
Heat over medium-high heat until the water is at a rolling boil. Cover the pot, remove it from the heat, and. Bake eggs in the middle rack of the oven until breadcrumbs are golden brown and sausage is firm and fully cooked (the. Scotch eggs are hard-boiled eggs enveloped in sausage and breadcrumbs. The ball is either baked or deep fried.