Vickys Redcurrant Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Redcurrant Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Redcurrant Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s of caster sugar (superfine).
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare of bicarb of soda / baking soda.
- It’s of banana, pureed or mashed very well.
- You need of light coconut milk.
- Prepare of Stork foil block margarine, melted.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- You need of orange extract / zest.
- You need of redcurrants.
- Prepare of icing sugar / powdered sugar to decorate.
Vickys Redcurrant Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400 F and grease or line a 12 hole cupcake.
- Mix the flour, sugar, xanthan gum if using, baking powder & bicarb together in a large bowl.
- Combine the banana, milk, melted margarine, lemon juice & orange extract / zest then stir into the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in the redcurrants.
- Divide the batter evenly between the tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Let cool on a wire rack, covered with a clean dishtowel for 30 minutes, then remove the liners and dust with icing sugar.
- They taste even better the next day as the cakes will absorb extra moisture from the berries!.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad