Mrs. L.B.J.'s Pecan Pie.
You can have Mrs. L.B.J.'s Pecan Pie using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mrs. L.B.J.'s Pecan Pie
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of dark corn syrup.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 cups of coarsly chopped pecans.
Mrs. L.B.J.'s Pecan Pie instructions
- Pepare unbaked 9-inch pie shell, folding overhang of crust under. Press about 18 pecan halves into piecrust eduge at 1/2 inch intervals. Then with 4-tined floured fork, press edge of piecrust to pie plate between every 2 pecan halves..
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- In saucepan combine suger, salt, corn syrup: simmer 'til sugar dissolves. Meanwhile, beat eggs foamy..
- Now into syrup stir butter, vanilla, pecans, then eggs; turn into pie shell..
- Bake 40 min; cool; refrigerate.
- Serve with or without whipped cream..