German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars.
You can have German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Prepare 3 cups of Pecan halves & pieces.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of cold butter, cubed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate morsels.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of corn syrup.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, melted.
- It’s 3 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweeten flaked coconut.
German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake pecans in a single layer in shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through..
- Line bottom and sides of 13 X 9-inch pan with heavy duty aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides. Lightly grease foil..
- Pulse flour and next 3 ingredients in a food processor 5 to 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture on bottom and 3/4 inch up sides of prepared pan..
- Bake crust at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle chocolate morsels over crust. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Whisk together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients until smooth. Stir in coconut and toasted pecans, and spoon into prepared crust..
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and set. Cool completely on wire rack (about 1 hour.) chill 1 hour. Lift bake bars from pan, using foil sides as handles. Transfer to cutting board; cut into bars..