Christmas Figgy Pudding.
You can cook Christmas Figgy Pudding using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Christmas Figgy Pudding
- It’s of dried mixed fruit and citrus.
- It’s of dried figs, destalked and diced.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of date syrup.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of cinnamon.
- You need of nutmeg.
- Prepare of almond meal.
- Prepare of wholemeal spelt flour.
- Prepare of large clementines juiced and zested.
Christmas Figgy Pudding step by step
- The night before, put your clementine juice and zest in a mixing bowl. Add the dried mixed fruit and citrus, and the diced figs. Stir well to ensure the fruit is well covered with the clementine juice. Stir the mixture several times until you come to make the pudding..
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
- In a food processor/blender, blend the dried fruit mixture until it is pureed..
- Melt the butter and pour into a large food processor mixing bowl, pour in the date syrup and mix. Using the beater on your food processor (or using a wooden spoon if mixing by hand), slowly incorporate the blended dried fruit mixture into the butter..
- Break your eggs into a jug or bowl, add the cinnamon and nutmeg, and beat until fluffy. Slowly pour the eggs into the fruit and butter mixture. Beat well as you pour the eggs in to ensure it is well incorporated..
- Sift the flour into the mixture, discard the larger bran flakes left in the sieve. Pour the almond mixture onto the flour and then using a large spoon, fold the flour into the dried fruit until no dry flour is left visible..
- Lightly grease your pudding basin with olive oil. Spoon the mixture into the dish, pushing the mixture right to the base and making sure that there are no air pockets at the bottom of the basin. Smooth the mixture flat on the surface of the pudding..
- Cover the top of the pudding basin with parchment paper and tie securely with string under the rim of the basin. Cover the paper with foil and ensure that no steam can get inside the lining. Fill a deep baking tray half-full with boiling water. Place the sealed pudding basin in the baking tray and put the baking tray in the middle of the oven..
- Bake for 1 ½ – 2 hours. Oven times may vary, after 1 ½ hours, insert a skewer into the middle of the pudding. If it comes out clean then the pudding is cooked. If not, put the pudding back in the oven until it is cooked through..
recipe by Sonia @cookpad