Nanny`s pecan pie. This pecan pie ice cream tastes just like pie but in ice cream form! Delicious vanilla ice cream mixed with a sweet pecan pie filling and decorated with little pie crust cookies. You'll love this sweet ice cream treat!
After browning pie crust, limne the bottom of the pie crust with pecan halves. Pecan Pie is always a favorite with my family and this one is dynamite! One thing that should be in the instructions is that the water and corn starch Pecan Pies today seem to be all corn surypy, so all you can taste is sweet. You can cook Nanny`s pecan pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Nanny`s pecan pie
- You need 1/2 cup of dark karo syrup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of light karo syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of maple flavoring.
- It’s 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- It’s 3 of large eggs room temperature & beating.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare pinch of corn meal (pretty big pinch).
- Prepare 2 of pie crust.
The Perfect Southern Pecan Pie Recipe! When I was a little girl, I would watch my grandmother make pies with such ease. She'd roll out her dough on a dining room table coated with. Pecan pie is easier than you think.
Nanny`s pecan pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To eggs add vanilla and maple beat. Sit to the side..
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup or bowl put your syrup, sugar,pecans, salt, corn meal and butter. Mix well.
- Add the egg mixture and mix. Side aside..
- Place Reynolds wrap around the top of the crust so it won't burn..
- Stir pie filling again and divide half into each crust..
- Place in oven. Cook for about 40 minutes..
- It needs to sit and cool for at least 3 hours. Can be frozen for later..Make sure you take the wrap off before serving..
The Pioneer Woman shows you how with this delicious and simple pecan pie recipe. Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. The site may earn a commission on some products. It has the best combination of sweet and salty! Whether it's a traditional Southern recipe or a twist with chocolate or bourbon, pecan pie is that sticky-sweet dessert everyone loves to eat around Thanksgiving and Kentucky Derby day. and any other time of the year, really.