Delicious Strawberry Cake. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water; beat at medium speed with an.
The strawberry smell and taste were terrific, but the cake, with the sugar in the Jello and the cake mix was far too sweet, The frosting was almost inedible it was so sweet when eaten with the cake. We scraped the frosting off and topped each piece with a dollop of Greek yogurt, and it was delicious but would have been equally so with whipped. Strawberry cake is a favorite of mine and always has been. You can make Delicious Strawberry Cake using 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Delicious Strawberry Cake
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 1/2 cup of reduced strawberry.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of Cake Flour (or All purpose flour and replace 3tbs with cornstarch).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of + 1 tablespoon sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of salted margarine.
- Prepare 5 of large egg whites.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose cream (replace 1 tablespoon with vinegar and add 1 teaspoon salt).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh milk.
- Prepare of Red food coloring (optional).
- You need of Filling/Frosting.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of caster/granulated sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of reduced strawberry.
- You need 1/2 cup of semi-mashed strawberry.
- It’s of Red food coloring (optional).
- Prepare of Strawberry flavor (optional).
As a kid, strawberry cake (from a mix) with cream cheese frosting was a fave. I even made it into a strawberry cupcake a while back. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Delicious Strawberry Cake instructions
- Do strawberry reduction: Puree about the double the amount of required reduced strawberries or about 1 1/2 cup strawberries. Once pureed, simmer the puree over medium-low heat until it has reduced to the required 1 1/4 cup overall requirement, or until it thickens and becomes deep red in colour. Set aside and let it cool down. You may do this a day before and just let it chill on the fridge until use..
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Make the batter. Sift and mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- Combine the all purpose cream, vinegar, and salt until lumpy. Set aside..
- Cream together the softened butter and sugar. Beat in the egg whites to high speed. Mix in the lumpy cream mixture and add in the vanilla extract..
- Pour in the creamy mixture slowly onto the dry ingredients and mix at low speed until well combined..
- Pour in the milk just until combined..
- Fold in the 1/2 cup reduced strawberry. You may add in 2 drops or less of flavor and coloring but are optional..
- Grease and flour the pan or line the pan with aluminum foil, to avoid sticking. There are also non-sticking cooking sprays available which you may use..
- Pour in the batter into the pan and bake in the oven for 60-70minutes or until the stick comes out clean when you poke it all the way into the cake..
- For the filling/frosting, mix the cream, sugar and vanilla at high speed until medium peaks. Fold in the remaining reduced strawberry. You may opt to put flavor and coloring. You will use this mixture for both filling and frosting..
- Once the cake is baked, let it cool completely. Remove the ‘cake top’ or the curved top of the cake to make it flat. Set aside the removed cake top..
- Slice the cake into two layers..
- Put some filling in the first layer and spread out the semi-mashed strawberries. Sandwich the filling with the second layer and cover the whole cake with the remaining frosting..
- Crumb the cake top and use it as toppings to the frosted cake. You may also put some whole strawberries..
- Chill, serve and enjoy!.
Nothing says spring like strawberry recipes, and these are glorious. Our strawberry cake recipes cover the entire spectrum—from cakes and cupcakes to an entire collection devoted exclusively to strawberry cheesecakes! Our dessert videos include a video how-to for our popular Strawberry Swirl Cake, as well as a S imply Sensational Strawberry Shortcake video. This cake uses quite a bit of strawberry purée to get a clear strawberry flavor in the finished cake. You'll need a food processor or a high-powered blender to purée the strawberries.