Danish Pastry with Greek Yoghurt pastry cream. Pastry cream filled Danish is a great breakfast or brunch pastry. Danish is an enriched laminated (layered) pastry. Layers of dough and fat cause Danish, croissant and puff pastry are similar in preparation; Danish and croissant are made with the addition of yeast, and are softer inside than puff.
Pastry cream: In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Before shaping the pastries, select your filling(s). We like to use a variety. You can make Danish Pastry with Greek Yoghurt pastry cream using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Danish Pastry with Greek Yoghurt pastry cream
- You need of greek yoghurt pastry cream.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 4 large of egg yolks.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of vanilla – falavored greek yoghurt.
- It’s of strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, or the other for garnish.
- You need of Danish pastry dough.
- Prepare 1 of recipe danish pastry dough.
Either of the filling suggestions in this recipe make enough to fill all the pastries; so if you want to mix and match, make a half-recipe of the cheese. This is a really quick way to make Danish pastries with a packet of ready-made puff pastry. You can vary the filling – try a different flavoured jam, a spoonful of thick custard or a chunk of fresh or canned fruit. Breakfast pastry ring made with crescent rolls and topped with a delicious cream cheese layer and apple pie filling.
Danish Pastry with Greek Yoghurt pastry cream instructions
- Heat milk in a small saucepan until simmering..
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together egg yolks, cornstarch, and sugar until well-combined. Mixture will be thick at first, but will loosen up and turn a pale yellow color..
- Gradually pour in the heated milk into the egg yolk mixture, swiftly whisking as you pour to quickly incorporate the milk..
- When you've fully combined the two mixtures, return the entire mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium low heat, whisking constantly until it starts to thicken..
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter. Transfer pastry cream to a heatproof bowl, and whisk in the greek yogurt..
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap directly against the surface of the cream. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled..
- Cut and Shape danish pastry dough according to taste. Brush the Danish pastries with the egg wash, arrange them about 3 inches apart on lightly buttered baking sheets, and let them stand for 1 hour. Bake the Danish pastries in the middle of a preheated 350°F.oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until they are crisp and golden..
- Finally, add the greek yoghut pastry cream on it. And add fruit for garnish..
This Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Braid is SO simple and tastes incredible! The puff pastry just melts in your mouth and is perfectly paired with a cream cheese filling and a delicious. The Best Danish Pastry Flavors Recipes on Yummly Danish Pastry, Nutella Puff Pastry Danish, Savory Spinach And Bacon Breakfast Danish. Danish Pastry – the easy way to make Fruit Danish & more.