Heavenly Double Fromage.
You can cook Heavenly Double Fromage using 14 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Heavenly Double Fromage
- It’s of For the no-bake cheesecake batter:.
- Prepare of ◎ Water.
- It’s of Mascarpone cheese.
- It’s of Egg yolks.
- You need of Granulated sugar.
- You need of □ Heavy cream.
- It’s of ◎ Gelatin powder.
- Prepare of ◎ Water.
- It’s of For the baked cheesecake batter:.
- You need of Cream cheese.
- You need of Egg.
- It’s of Granulated sugar.
- You need of Cake flour (9 grams).
- You need of Heavy cream.
Heavenly Double Fromage instructions
- Choose your favorite recipe to bake a sponge cake (I recommend the recipe by patissier Rumi Kojima). Cool it off completely. If possible, prepare it a day in advance..
- Since the batter will be baked in a double boiler, prevent water from spilling into the cake pan by covering the bottom with aluminum foil..
- Cut off a 1.2 cm-thick layer of sponge cake and set it on the bottom of the prepared cake pan. The remainder of the cake will be used later. Preheat the oven to 160℃..
- To prepare the baked cheesecake, add all of the ingredients for the baked cheesecake into a food processor and process until smooth..
- Strain the batter and pour into the cake pan with the cake layer at the bottom. Pour hot water into a baking dish and steam-bake the cake in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 160℃..
- Bake until lightly browned. Let it completely cool in the pan..
- To prepare the no-bake cheesecake, sprinkle and soak the gelatin powder in 2 tablespoons of water..
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the heavy cream for the no-bake cheesecake. I used a food processor, but it's easier to mix it in a bowl!.
- Beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form..
- Scoop out one ladleful of whipped cream (about 60 g) and set it aside in the refrigerator for the finishing touch!.
- Microwave the gelatin for a few seconds to make it silky, add it into the no-bake cheesecake batter from Step 8, then strain it through a colander. Use a rubber spatula to strain, since it will not flow through the sieve..
- Mix the strained batter and the remaining whipped cream from Step 9..
- Pour the batter into the cake pan on top of the baked cheesecake. Smooth the surface and let it set in the freezer until it hardens..
- Meanwhile, slice off the browned surface of the sponge cake and blend the white cake in a food processor..
- There you have fluffy sponge crumbs. There will be leftover crumbs, which you can use in a different dessert! So, stay tuned….
- Once the non-bake cheesecake part sets, remove it from the pan and spread the reserved whipped cream from Step 10 on the top and sides. A thin layer should be enough..
- Coat the entire surface of the cake with the sponge cake crumbs. They may come off easily, so gently press them into the cake….
- It's done! It should still be frozen at this point, so thaw it before you it. It's hard to sit by and wait..
- Freezing the non-baked cheesecake batter makes the cake easier to handle, but if you prefer to eat it right away, set the batter in a refrigerator instead at Step 13. It will still need to set completely..
- The pure white and fluffy cake will bring you delight from the first bite. The cake is large, so eat as much as you want!.
- Use the leftover sponge cake crumbs from this recipe by combining them with heavy cream and chocolate to turn them into another dessert!.
- Give them a try, too.
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad