Vickys Sticky Toffee Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Sticky Toffee Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vickys Sticky Toffee Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need of Cake.
- It’s of pitted dates.
- You need of coconut milk.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of bicarb of soda / baking soda.
- It’s of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare of dairy-free spread / butter.
- It’s of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s of xanthan gum if using gf flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- You need of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of Toffee Sauce.
- It’s of golden syrup, recipe in my profile if needed.
- You need of soft brown sugar.
- It’s of dairy-free spread / butter.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- It’s of coconut milk.
Vickys Sticky Toffee Pudding, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Quarter the dates and add to a saucepan with the milk and water. Simmer a minute until the dates have softened.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in the bicarb of soda (it'll froth up) and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Cream the spread and sugar together until light and creamy then stir in the cooled date mixture.
- Add the flour and spices and fold in.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 30 minutes, the top of the sponge should spring back when gently pressed.
- In a pan, melt together the syrup, sugar, spread and vanilla and simmer without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then stir in the cream.
- Poke some holes in the top of the cake with a knife and pour half of the toffee sauce over the cake surface when it comes out of the oven. Serve the other half in a jug so everyone can add extra if they'd like.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with free-from custard, ice cream or cream recipes from my profile.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad