Pineapple glazed ham.
You can cook Pineapple glazed ham using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pineapple glazed ham
- It’s of ham, ham glaze, ham glazed, pineapple, June plum.
- You need 1 of ham.
- It’s 24 of cloves.
- Prepare 6 slice of pineapple.
- Prepare 12 of cherries.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped ginger.
Pineapple glazed ham step by step
- Thaw 5-7 lbs ham in the bottom of the fridge the night before.
- Remove wrapping and netting.
- For cured ham boil for 15 mins but for semi-cured ham this step isn't necessary.
- Preheat oven at 178°C or 350°F.
- Prepare glaze with pineapple juice or June plum juice (2 June plums peeled and chopped in 1 cup of water blend and strain), sugar, ginger and boil until thickened.
- Place on wire rack in a shallow pan.
- Make diamond-shaped cuts across the surface of the ham.
- Stud the cuts with cloves leaving even spaces between each clove and brush on glaze.
- Decorate with pineapple slices and cherries securing with toothpicks.
- Cover with foil for best results in order to ensure the juices are baked right in.
- Place in oven and bake at 40 mins per kg or 20 mins per pound. Glaze every 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve on a platter and slice as needed.
recipe by soxxyfox @cookpad