Two ingredients vegan "egg" roll. Check out this recipe on how to make mouthwatering egg rolls using all plant-based ingredients that are every bit as flavorful and droolworthy as the meaty variety. I must admit, I'm really picky about egg rolls. Egg rolls are deep-fried rolls that are prepared with thin wheat flour wrappers and filled with many different vegetables and/or How to make vegan egg rolls.
These baked vegan egg rolls quickly come together! Stuffed with healthy vegetables like cabbage, carrots, and broccoli! With these vegan egg rolls, everything is completely plant based. You can make Two ingredients vegan "egg" roll using 2 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Two ingredients vegan "egg" roll
- You need of Trader Joe's vegan Japanese style rice.
- You need sheets of Vegan "egg" roll.
The two allergens that we are looking at in our recipe are the soy. These homemade vegetable egg rolls are stuffed full of cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, and more. I also experimented with freezing the egg rolls uncooked. After freezing I put them straight into a hot oven without thawing.
Two ingredients vegan "egg" roll step by step
- Defrost/cook in a microwave or stove top the trader Joe's vegan Japanese rice per instructions on the back. Once done set aside to cool down..
- On wax paper place one sheet of the "eggroll" diagnoly. In the middle add the cooled down rice..
- Fold the bottom corner over the rice, then fold the sides ontop. Once all three sides is covering the rice, roll carefully..
- Fry until golden and crispy. This was super easy and delicious. Only caveat is that the rice isn't seasoned as much as I would like, so you can adjust flavor by adding a bit of soy sauce or salt..
recipe by ancore @cookpad
The texture was a little less than great but they were still delicious all the same. Vegetable Egg Rolls are a welcome change over the usual Chinese takeout egg roll. Making vegetarian egg rolls is easy when compared to the meat version. The only ingredient that's not vegan in this recipe is the egg used when wrapping the egg roll skin and the egg roll wrappers. Gather the remaining ingredients (except the toasted sesame oil) and add everything into the skillet.