Pound cake (Vanilla). This is a pound cake.the title referring to a pound of sugar, flour and butter.other cakes use milk or buttermilk but a true pound cake is really this simple and rich. I always add more vanilla but going to try the orange zest and essence next time. And then you have the sour creme pound cake recipes but the beating is the key!
It's simply delicious, full of vanilla flavor. The texture is not quite as dense as a regular pound cake, but a little fluffier, and it is lovely and moist with a delicious golden top. Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. You can make Pound cake (Vanilla) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Pound cake (Vanilla)
- Prepare 100 grams of unsalted butter (softened).
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs medium (3 large).
- Prepare 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of powdered milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s of Brushing.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
Beat on low to mix ingredients well. Combine sugar, butter, and shortening in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until light yellow in color. Add eggs one at a time, mixing in each completely before adding the next.
Pound cake (Vanilla) instructions
- Mix the butter to become creamy. Add powdered sugar (gradually). Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing for 2-3 mins..
- Sift the other dry ingredients and mix gradually. Continue mixing until you reach a creamy texture..
- Spray oil on your pan and pour the mix to medium level. Bake at 180 C (360) for 45 mins or until your insert a toothpick and comes out clean..
- Brush with honey immediately after taking it out and let it rest for 30 mins..
- Cut and enjoy your #poundcake.
Vanilla Pound Cake has the perfect texture of an old fashioned pound cake with just the right amount of vanilla flavoring. A traditional pound cake is heavy with a nice outer crust and a moist center. This recipe ticks all the boxes. Most pound cakes call for all purpose flour, but this one is just perfect with cake flour. A recipe for pound cake made its first appearance in the U.