You can cook Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese
- You need 1 of small head of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 lb of mushrooms, I prefer a wild mix.
- Prepare 2 cups of carrots, shredded or whole.
- It’s 1 of small yellow onion.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry basil.
- You need 1 tbsp of dry thyme.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 4 cans (28 oz) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Olive oil.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Vegetarian/Vegan Bolognese instructions
- Rough chop your cauliflower, carrots,onions and mushrooms..
- Add your vegetable mix and garlic in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped (essentially looks like ground beef).
- In a pot heat up about 1/2 cup of oil..
- Add your vegetable mix, herbs and spices and saute until they soften..
- Add your red wine and reduce by 1/2..
- Add your tomatoes and sugar and simmer for about 35/40 mins.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and enjoy!.
recipe by Feel_my_Burner @cookpad