Ultimate Seafood Gumbo.
You can cook Ultimate Seafood Gumbo using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate Seafood Gumbo
- You need 1 of ham hock.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen okra, chopped.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers, chopped.
- It’s 2 large of onions, chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, smashed, left whole.
- Prepare 1 big can of whole tomatoes.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt, to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper, to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground mace.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
- It’s 1 tsp of gumbo file.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 lb of peeled, raw shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of crab meat.
- It’s 13 1/2 oz of andouille sausage.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked rice.
Ultimate Seafood Gumbo step by step
- Place the ham hock and water in a stock pot and simmer for 1 hour. Remove the ham hock to cool, reserving the liquid..
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat..
- Cook the okra until the gooey strings no longer appear as you stir. Add the bell pepper, onion, parsley, celery, and garlic and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the garlic and discard. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes..
- Remove the meat from the ham hock and add it to the stock pot. Place the veggies and bay leaves in the pot and cook on medium-low to medium for 3hrs..
- Add the seasonings and Worcestershire sauce and stir. Add the shrimp and sausage 30 minutes before serving. Add the crab meat 10 minutes before serving..
- Taste. Add hot sauce if desired. Serve with rice. If u like it thicker, add a little corn starch to the to a scoop of the stock, mix it, and return to the pot..
recipe by tbone.steak81 @cookpad