Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake. Characteristics Nammoura is your best choice when you are ready for an extra sweet treat. It is probably the sweetest cake you can get. The yeast gives it its spongy texture, and the sugar syrup gives it its distinctive extra sweet taste.
Your sweet tooth will thank you for this! This delicious Lebanese semolina cake is douzed with sugary love! Characteristics Nammoura is your best choice when you are ready for an extra sweet treat. You can cook Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake
- It’s of semolina.
- You need of sugar.
- You need of powdered milk.
- Prepare of cream.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of thick cream.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of warm milk.
It is probably the sweetest cake you can get. The yeast gives it its spongy texture, and the sugar syrup gives it its distinctive extra sweet taste. It is relatively easy to prepare, and it is thus often homemade. This Egyptian recipe for sweet semolina cake is incredibly easy to make.
Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake instructions
- Mix all the ingredients together until you soften the mix. Note: do not mix the 1/4 cup warm milk in this step..
- I used a cupcake pan but certainly you can use a glass pan or cake pan. First layer: With one big spoon place the dough in the pan. If you are using a glass whole plan, divide the mix by half. Place the first half into your pan..
- I added my thick cream in top of my first layer..
- Now for the last layer, add your 1/4 of warm milk to the remaining mix and continue mixing until it soften. Then pour it in top of your cream layer..
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (355F) bake for 15 mins, broil for 5-7 mins until golden. (If using a whole pan, probably you will need to broil for additional mins just keep an eye).
- Pour your favorite syrup in top (Sugar, Condensed milk…) and enjoy it.
It is made from a semolina batter in a pan, sweetened with orange flower water. The best basbousa recipe you will find! An Egyptian almond-coconut semolina cake, drenched in cinnamon syrup. So, how about a little basbousa? Basbousa is an Egyptian semolina cake drenched in syrup.