You can make Apple-n-Pecan Pie using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple-n-Pecan Pie
- Prepare 9 " 1 of pie crust , already prepared.
- Prepare 6 Cups of apples , peeled , sliced.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juice of a.
- You need 1/2 Cup of sugar granulated.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon , ground.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of allspice , ground.
- You need 1/2 Cup of flour.
- You need 3/4 Cup of butter , unsalted.
- Prepare 1 Cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of oats quick cooking white.
- It’s 1/4 Teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of pecans , finely chopped.
- You need of caramel sauce.
Apple-n-Pecan Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. in a bowl mix apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, allspice and salt. set aside..
- For crumb topping, cut the butter into the flour using a pastry cutter, add the brown sugar, oats and salt. mix and set aside..
- Add apples to prepared crust and top with the crumb topping. cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes..
- Remove the foil from the crust and place the pie back into the oven for another 30 minutes..
- Before the final 5 minutes of the cooking time, sprinkle the chopped pecans on top of the pie and allow to finish baking..
- Remove the pie from the oven and pour the caramel sauce all over the pie. allow to cool slightly before serving..