White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) ★Recipe Video. Cool completely on wire rack for about an hour. These cakes have very little added fat, which makes them easy to work with. I made the cake exactly as stated, and it's awesome." – Kim.
A velvety smooth but light treat. Swiss Roll cake recipe with whipped cream filling is an extremely delicious Swiss roll recipe that you will want to make again and again. A thin Italian sponge rolled up to heavenly deliciousness with a thick fluffy layer of vanilla whipped cream & bite size strawberries. You can cook White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) ★Recipe Video using 17 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) ★Recipe Video
- Prepare of Inside measurement of baking tray 36.5 cm x 25.5cm × 2.5cm / 14.4''× 10'' × 0.1''.
- You need of ■White Sponge Cake （35×24ｃｍ / 13.8 × 9.4 in）.
- Prepare of egg white, about 5-6 egg whites, well-chilled.
- It’s of (3.4 oz, 1/2 cup)granulated sugar.
- It’s of corn starch.
- You need of milk, room temperature.
- You need of cake flour.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- It’s of vanilla oil.
- It’s of powdered sugar for dusting.
- You need of ■Cream.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of nonfat dry milk.
- It’s of vanilla essence.
- You need of brandy.
- It’s of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Whisk the egg whites along with with cornstarch until frothy. Mini Chocolate Cake Rolls: Follow the recipe exactly as written. Starting with the narrow end, roll each mini roll up. Gorgeously spiraled cake rolls (also called jelly rolls and roll cakes) look tricky to make, but they whip up in just a few steps.
White Swiss Roll (Snow Cake Roll) ★Recipe Video instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/DutXPtdNXos.
- Preheat an oven to 180℃ / 356F. Sift cake flour twice; set aside. Put the egg white in a bowl. (Please use well-chilled egg whites.) Beat it lightly with a whisk until watery..
- Whisk it with an electric hand mixer on high speed. After it becomes whitish, add granulated sugar in 4 parts and Whisk it until very soft peaks form. Please be careful not to whisk too much..
- Add corn starch and mix it on high speed for 15 sec..
- Switch to low speed. Whisk it slowly for 1.5 minutes on low speed. It'll gradually become glossy..
- Pour milk in a large bowl. Add a small amount of meringue and vanilla oil to the milk. Mix it until smooth..
- Add sifted cake flour. Mix it until smooth..
- Add the meringue in 4 parts. Fold it 20 times each addition..
- And then fold it another 100 times. The volume of the batter will go down a little and it'll get smooth..
- Put vegetable oil in a small bowl. Add a small amount of the batter to the oil. Mix well and emulsify..
- Put it back to the cake batter. Fold it about 30 times. Scrape off the batter on the inner side of the bowl..
- Pour it into a baking tray. Flatten it. Bake it at 160℃ / 320F for 15 mins..
- After baked, drop the tray to prevent shrinkage. Take the cake out from the tray and peel off the paper on the side. Let it cool; set aside..
- 【For Cream】Put ices or ice packs and water in a large bowl. Put another bowl into the cold water. Pour heavy cream into the bowl and add granulated sugar..
- Whisk it with an electric hand mixer on low speed until foamy. Add nonfat dry milk and mix well with a whisk..
- Take the bowl out from the water and add vanilla essence and brandy. Mix well. It'll become stiff cream due to the dry milk..
- 【For Assemble】Place a new parchment paper on top of the cake and turn over the cake. Peel off the lining paper. Put plastic wrap over the sponge and turn it over. Cut off the edge at an angle..
- Spread the cream over the sponge. Roll it up tightly at the beginning. Lift the plastic wrap and push and roll..
- Wrap it with parchment paper. And then wrap it with plastic wrap completely. Let it sit in a fridge 2-3 hours..
- Sprinkle powdered sugar. Slice and serve!.
Follow our cake roll recipe and step-by-step instructions (yes, there really is a step requiring you to roll up a towel inside the cake!) to learn how to make this stunning dessert. Invert each cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack. In a small bowl, mix whipped topping and extract until blended.