H's Glazed Ham / Gammon.
You can make H's Glazed Ham / Gammon using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of H's Glazed Ham / Gammon
- Prepare 1 of boneless gammon / ham.
- It’s 500 ml of ginger beer.
- It’s 200 ml of peach or apricot juice.
- It’s 300 ml of coca cola.
- Prepare 12 of black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 large of onion peeled studded with six cloves.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s of glaze.
- You need 250 ml of soft brown sugar (i used treacle sugar).
- It’s 250 ml of smooth apricot jam.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sherry.
- It’s 5 ml of soy sauce.
H's Glazed Ham / Gammon instructions
- place gammon in crockpot. pour on the ginger beer, peach juice, coca cola and enough water to cover the gammon.
- add the remaining ingredients..
- cook on high for 8 hours.
- remove the gammon from cooking liquid and leave to cool for a few mins and then peel off the outer skin..
- return gammon to crockpot and leave to cool in the liquid before glazing. (this will ensure a more succulent gammon).
- score the fat in a diamond pattern and push cloves into the fat. * I alternated with maraschino cherries..
- place gammon on a roasting pan just large enough to hold the meat. this will prevent the glaze from burning onto the pan..
- preheat oven to 180°F Celsius..
- melt glaze ingredients in the microwave and pour over the scored surface of the gammon..
- place gammon in oven for 40 mins and baste every 10 mins..
- serve hot or cold..
recipe by Hajni @cookpad