Buttermilk White Bread.
You can have Buttermilk White Bread using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk White Bread
- It’s 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of all purpose flour (dusting and adding to the dough just in case the dough is still soggy).
- You need 21/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar (or more).
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cultured buttermilk powder.
- You need 11/2 tbsp of vegetable oil in your choice.
- You need 11/2 of lukewarm water divided.
- It’s of Melted butter for brushing.
Buttermilk White Bread step by step
- In the bowl or using glass measurement combine half of the lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar, let sit for 7-10 minutes.
- Placed all the dry ingredients in to mixing bowl or a stand mixer. Add the remaining water, oil, and the yeast mixture. Knead at low speed until the dough comes together, soft but not sticky. Add a few more tablespoons flour if necessary. One tablespoon at the time. Continue to Knead until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is soft and smooth..
- Transfer the dough to lightly greased bowl and make sure that it’s completely coated. Cover with a plastic wrap and let it rise in warm and draft-free place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- Lightly flour the work surface with remaining flour and turn out the dough on to it. Divide the dough into two equal portions. Use fingers to gently pat each half into 20x40cm rectangle (8×12 inches) and pressing it all over to remove any air pockets. Starting from the short end roll up into a tight roll and pinch the seams to seal then place each loaf into greased 8×4 inch loaf pan. cover with plastic wrap and let them rise for about an hour or until doubled in size..
- Preheat oven to 400F. And bake the loaves for 20-25 minutes (depending of the oven) until it golden brown or when toothpick comes out clear..
- Invert the bread onto a cooling rack, then re-invert bread and brush the top and side of bread with melted butter. Let it cool completely before slicing. Anyway, actually my husband and I enjoyed it when it was still warm. Give it try!.