You can have Vegan Toasts using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vegan Toasts
- Prepare of Avocado.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- You need of Onion powder (optional).
- It’s of Garlic powder (optional).
- Prepare of Canned chickpeas.
- You need of White onion.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Vegan mayonnaise.
- It’s of Nutritional yeast (optional).
- Prepare of Sourdough bread (any vegan bread of your choice).
Vegan Toasts step by step
- Chickpea smash super easy to make. Drain a can of chickpeas and run under water for a few seconds. Put into a bowl. Cut half a white onion. Dice it as small as you want and add to the bowl. Using a fork, begin mashing the chickpeas and onion. I do a rough mash so my chickpea is still crunchy. Once happy with the consistency, begin adding vegan mayonnaise, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Set aside. *you can add nutritional yeast here*.
- Avocado (guacamole) peel one whole avocado. Take the pit out. Add the avocado in a bowl and using the fork begin to smash. The other half of the onion can be used here. Add onion powder, garlic powder and a bit of salt. If you like it chunky, do a rough smash like the chickpeas. You can also add any other seasoning or flavors such as lemon juice. Set aside..
- Toast two slices of sourdough bread (or any bread of your choice).
- Assemble toasts. One slice do Avocado smash (generous helping of it) and top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle a bit of salt..
- Other toast. Add the chickpeas smash and top with any topping or eat as is..
recipe by ancore @cookpad