Vickys Pineapple Banana Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Pineapple Banana Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vickys Pineapple Banana Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s of gluten-free / plain flour (2 cups + 2 scant tbsp).
- Prepare of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of bicarb / baking soda.
- It’s of granulated sugar (1 cup).
- Prepare of desiccated coconut (1/2 cup).
- It’s of pineapple chunks.
- Prepare of pineapple juice.
- You need of gold foil Stork margarine block, melted (1/2 cup).
- You need of pineapple chunks – chopped.
- It’s of over ripened (black / well spotted) banana, mashed.
- Prepare of for the glaze.
- Prepare of icing sugar (1.5 cups).
- You need of pineapple juice or as required.
Vickys Pineapple Banana Loaf Cake, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and grease a loaf tin.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum if using, baking powder, bicarb, sugar and coconut together in a bowl.
- Put the first amount of pineapple chunks in a blender with the pineapple juice and puree smooth.
- Add the pineapple slurry to the dry ingredients with the melted margarine and mashed banana to form a thick batter. Fold in the remaining chopped pineapple pieces.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until firm, well risen and a toothpick tests that the inside is dry.
- Let cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar and juice together then spoon over the cooled cake.
- Let the glaze set then slice and serve.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad