Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting). This vegan carrot cake recipe is a riff on my mom's traditional recipe. That cake is Jack's all-time favorite dessert, so she makes it whenever she comes to visit. Then, I make it again for Jack's birthday.
It's perfectly spiced with a super moist crumb and is smothered in decadent, ultra-creamy vegan cream cheese frosting. This homemade vegan carrot cake recipe is ultra moist and delicious! Vegan Carrot Cake, perfectly spiced and incredibly moist. You can cook Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting) using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting)
- You need of Cake:.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of flour (Half spelt, half all-purpose flour).
- It’s 3 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 1 cup of almond milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 cup of cane sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of (melted) coconut or canola oil.
- It’s 2 cups of grated carrots, medium-packed.
- Prepare of Frosting:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raw macadamia nuts (soaked, drained, and rinsed).
- You need 1/2 cup of raw cashews (soaked, drained, and rinsed).
- You need 1/4 cup of almond milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Once you realize how easy this carrot cake is to make. Delicious and moist vegan carrot cake. This simple recipe is plant-based (dairy-free, egg-free), gluten-free, and easy to make! It has a sugar-free icing which is furthermore keto-friendly.
Vegan Carrot Cake (& Frosting) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, almond milk, vanilla, sugar and oil..
- Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients..
- Fold in the carrots and stir until just combined..
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before frosting..
- Make the frosting: combine all frosting ingredients into a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth for 1 to 2 minutes or more, scraping down the sides occasionally. You can add an extra tablespoon of milk if necessary to get your blade moving..
- Chill frosting for at least 30 minutes before spreading on the cake..
- Store frosted cake in the fridge..
Vegan Carrot Cake Quick bread loaf with Cashew Cream Frosting. Moist, spiced with Cinnamon and This carrot cake is loaded with shredded carrots and pureed carrots. This vegan and gluten-free carrot cake recipe is moist, flavorful, made with a heavenly "cream cheese" frosting, and tastes like the real Vegan Gluten-Free Carrot Cake. Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes are delicious and sweetly spiced – the perfect way to sneak in those veggies before the kids even realize what's happening. This cake is soft, airy, moist and full of flavour!