sig's Cassoulet ( Meat and Bean Bake).
You can make sig's Cassoulet ( Meat and Bean Bake) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of sig's Cassoulet ( Meat and Bean Bake)
- Prepare 500 grams of mixed beans in can, I used pinto, haricot and broad beans.
- It’s 2 large of onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each salt and pepper.
- You need 3 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of bayleaf.
- You need 2 of chicken or gooselegs, ready cooked.
- Prepare 250 grams of bacon or ham joint.
- You need 4 tbsp of goosefat.
- It’s 1 of handful each of celeriac and celery.
- Prepare 200 grams of garlic sausage ring.
- Prepare 1 of glass rose wine.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree ( paste).
- It’s 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 3 large of cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 small of bunch of parsley, chopped.
- You need 4 slice of of bread, blended into breadcrumbs.
sig's Cassoulet ( Meat and Bean Bake) step by step
- use the beans and the liquid from cans, the onions, salt and pepper, bayleaf and cloves combined. put all into pot and simmer for 45 minutes.In the meantime take the meat of the chicken or goose legs and cut with the. ham into cubes.
- heat your fat and brown meats, cut celery , sausage and celeriac into small bits , add to meat in pan, add the wine. Stir through and simmer for about 30 minutes in pan.
- then add tomato paste cayenne pepper, garlic and parsley mix with the beans and heat through..
- grease an ovenproof dish,add the cassoulet into dish sprinkle with breadcrumbs. add bits of butter over the top. Bake for about 3/4 of an hour by 200 C..
- this can be made with tofu and vegetarian sausages too.
- make sure to remove cloves and bayleaf before serving.
recipe by Sigrun @cookpad