Salted Brown Butter Butterscotch Bars. Incredible sweet and salty brown butter butterscotch oatmeal cookies with nutty, caramel flavors in every bite thanks to the brown butter! You're in for a SERIOUS treat as these salted brown butter butterscotch oatmeal cookies are inspired by one of my favorite cookies in Chicago. These chewy Browned Butter Butterscotch Bars get a delicious kick from browned butter, for a wonderfully rich and sweet one-bowl cookie bar!
Drizzle over the top of the cooling bars. These oatmeal butterscotch bars are amazingly tasty with the magic of butterscotch combined with browned butter flavor and light oatmeal texture. These bars were devoured faster than you can say "buttery butterscotch bars" five times fast. You can have Salted Brown Butter Butterscotch Bars using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Salted Brown Butter Butterscotch Bars
- Prepare 250 g of APF.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 230 g of unsalted butter, browned.
- It’s 280 g of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of whole egg plus 1 yolk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butterscotch morsels, mine melted in the sun.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Salt, for sprinkling on top.
- Prepare 95 g of Walnuts, chopped (optional).
They are so light and chewy and yummy that I seriously. I used browned butter in these bars and although you could make them by simply melting butter, I recommended going browned and dark. Add one egg, vanilla, flour, salt, butterscotch chips, and bake the bars for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Butterscotch Bars. "Brown Sugar, Morsels and Butter!
Salted Brown Butter Butterscotch Bars step by step
- Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, thrn combine..
- Fold in butterscotch chips and walnuts if using..
- Evenly spread in prepared 8×8 inch pan. Sprinkle salt..
- Bake in preheated 170 degree Celsius oven for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean..
- Let cool around 10 minutes before cutting. It tastes super delicious but a bit too buttery when still warm..
This recipe only uses half the bag of butterscotch morsels – and I just double the recipe to use 'em all up. Butterscotch Oat Bars, Oatmeal Cookie Bars, Peanut Butterscotch Chocolate Crispy Bars. These Salted Butterscotch Bars are a fun and delicious way to change up your normal brownies. These bars are loaded with plenty of butterscotch chips and Melt butter and butterscotch chips in a sauce pan over low-medium heat. (full recipe at bottom of post). Whisk in brown sugar and vanilla.