Vickys Gluten-Free Wacky Cake / Crazy Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Gluten-Free Wacky Cake / Crazy Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vickys Gluten-Free Wacky Cake / Crazy Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- You need of cocoa powder.
- It’s of bicarb of soda / baking soda.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of white vinegar / cider vinegar.
- You need of water.
Vickys Gluten-Free Wacky Cake / Crazy Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and ready an 8"x 8" square cake tin (or if doubling the recipe a 9"x 13" rectangular tin).
- Mix the dry ingredients together in the tin.
- Make 3 wells in the mixture and add the vanilla to one, the vinegar to another and the oil in the 3rd then pour the water over the top.
- Like this.
- Whisk together quickly until just combined. You may need a little extra water in a gluten-free batter, just 3 – 4 tablespoons extra water is enough.
- Put immediately into the oven to bake for 35 minutes for an 8" and 45 minutes for the rectangular tin or until the sides have pulled in from the tin edge and the top is slightly springy. A toothpick test will work to test the middle is set.
- This makes a beautiful, moist, light chocolate cake. Let stand in the tin 10 minutes then cut into squares and serve as dessert with warm custard or let cool completely and frost with a light buttercream icing before cutting – see my dark chocolate buttercream recipe, it's delicious!.
- Slice anyone?!.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad