Vickys Parsnip Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Parsnip Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vickys Parsnip Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of full fat coconut milk.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of crushed pineapple, patted dry.
- Prepare of oil.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of ground cardamom.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- You need of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- Prepare of medium parsnip, grated (90g grated).
- Prepare of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of baking soda / bicarb.
- It’s of xanthan gum if using gluten-free flour.
- You need of raisins or sultanas.
Vickys Parsnip Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line a 12 hole cupcake tin or an 8" round cake tin.
- Mix the coconut milk and lemon juice together in a mixing bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to sour. Alternatively use yogurt.
- Add in the sugar, pineapple, oil, vanilla and spices and mix together well. Make sure your pineapple is squeezed dey or your cakes might sink in the middle.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarb and xanthan gum together then stir into the wet mixture.
- Stir in the grated parsnip and raisins.
- Pour into the cupcake liners or cake tin and bake for 20 minutes for cupcakes or 30 minutes for the 8" layer or until golden. A toothpick test will work to check if they're done.
- Remove from the tin and let cool on a wire rack then ice with vanilla buttercream or cream cheese frosting. I only had muffin liners and should have only made 8 and baked for 35 minutes so they filled the liners…..next time!.
- Recipe can easily be doubled to make a 2 layer cake.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad