"Christmas special eggless Plum Cake".
You can cook "Christmas special eggless Plum Cake" using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Christmas special eggless Plum Cake"
- Prepare of fruits soak:-.
- You need of mix dry fruits (tuti fruti, cranberry, raisins dates).
- You need of fruit juice (orange juice).
- Prepare of cake:-.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of milk powder.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- You need of melted butter.
- You need of buttermilk(1/2 cup milk with 1tbsp vinegar).
- You need of dark caramel syrup.
- You need of cocoa powder (optional).
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of baking soda.
- You need of spice mix ( combination of cinnamon cardamom nutmeg powder.
- You need of chopped nuts(cashew almonds walnut pistachio).
"Christmas special eggless Plum Cake" instructions
- Soak the dry fruits in orange juice overnight or at least 2 hours..
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Grease the cake mould with butter..
- To make the caramel syrup:- in a pan add 3 tbsp sugar with 1tsp water and melt it till caramelized. It should melt completely and colour should change to golden. Don't burn it.now add 1/4 cup water slowly. And boil it for 10-15 sec on low flame till it melt. Keep caramel syrup aside..
- In a bowl add all dry ingredients – maida, cocoa powder, milk powder baking powder baking soda spice mix and mix it well.(Sieve the mixture making sure there are no lumps).
- In separate bowl add brown sugar and butter and whisk it until well combined..
- Now in a bowl add 2 tbsp dak caramel syrup along with soaked dry fruits buttermilk and brown sugar mixture and mix it well..
- Now add wet ingredients with dry ingredients and chopped nuts and fold it gently mix well till everything well combined. Don't over mix..
- Transfer to the cake mould upto 3/4 full and sprinkle some dry fruits and nuts over it..
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Once the cake become cool completely remove from the mould and brush up with milk and rest for another 5-10 minutes cover with a towel..
- Now slice and enjoy your Christmas special plum cake..
recipe by Suhita Rana Chowdhury👩🍳 @cookpad