Healthy, Simple & Delicious! Carrot Cake.
You can have Healthy, Simple & Delicious! Carrot Cake using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy, Simple & Delicious! Carrot Cake
- It’s of Ingredients to mix in the food processor.
- You need of Carrots (cut into circular slices).
- Prepare of Ginger.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s of Brown rice amazake.
- Prepare of Egg (or for a non-egg.
- You need of Soy milk (mixed with 1 tablespoon vinegar).
- Prepare of Dry Ingredients.
- It’s of Cake flour.
- You need of Whole wheat flour.
- It’s of Oatmeal (crushed by hand).
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- You need of Nutmeg.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Baking soda.
- You need of Baking powder.
- You need of Fillings (Should make approximately 1 cup when combined).
- It’s of Shredded coconut.
- Prepare of Raisins.
- It’s of Nuts (walnuts, almonds).
- It’s of Seeds (sunflower seeds, kabocha squash seeds etc.).
Healthy, Simple & Delicious! Carrot Cake step by step
- Firstly, prepare the fillings. They should make about 1 cup's worth of ingredients when combined. I added everything to the cup here..
- Next, prepare the powder ingredients. Add all the powdered ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a whisk..
- Now prepare the carrots! Wash the carrots and slice into circular slices. you're going to put them in the food processor so it doesn't matter if they're chopped roughly..
- Add the carrots and ginger to the food processor and give them a quick blend..
- Add the oil, amazake, egg and soy milk to the food processor as well and quickly bend again. Make sure to unstick any carrots that have stuck to the side of the food processor with a spatula and push them back down..
- Once blended, add the mixture to a large bowl. Add in the powdered ingredients and gently mix with a spatula..
- When mostly mixed, add in the filling ingredients and mix again. The resulting mixture should be thicker than even that of a pancake..
- Pour the mixture into a pound cake tin and bake for 25 minutes at 190°C..
- Cut the cake open to find it packed with delicious filling. The outside of the cake should be nice and crispy while the centre remains moist..
- You can use this recipe to make something to replace the egg. Even if you don't use real egg, this cake will still come out nice and moist. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146799-vegan-egg-subsitute-for-those-allergic-to-eggs.
- If you scoop the mixture out onto a baking tray with a spoon you can make scones..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad