Buttermilk Banana Bread.
You can have Buttermilk Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Banana Bread
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar (I used half granulated, half brown).
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of mashed banana (about 3 medium or 2 large).
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk, at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of baking soda.
Buttermilk Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5" loaf pan and set it aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set it aside..
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it is creamy, about 1 minute. Then beat in the sugar until it's nice and fluffy..
- Add the eggs, mashed banana, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Beat until combined..
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined..
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center..
- Place the pan on a cooling rack. After about 15 minutes, gently run a knife around the edges to loosen the bread. Carefully remove it from the pan..
- Let it cool out of the pan on the wire rack. Once it's cool, slice and serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container..
- For buttermilk banana muffins, fill greased muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full and bake @ 350°F for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean..