Delicious Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!.
You can cook Delicious Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Delicious Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!
- It’s of Cake.
- You need of chopped Pecans or Walnuts (or mix of both) have a bit extra for garnish later if you wish.
- It’s of Finely Grated Carrots.
- It’s of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Baking Soda.
- It’s of Baking Powder.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Cinnamon Powder.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Oil (use a flavourless oil such as corn or canola).
- Prepare of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s of Frosting.
- Prepare of Butter/Margarine (rm temp).
- You need of Cream cheese (I used reduced fat, at rm temp).
- It’s of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s of Powdered Sugar.
Delicious Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! instructions
- Preheat over to 350? and grease 2 9" circular baking pans with any oil you like (i used olive oil).
- Next cut 2 circles out of parchment paper to line at the bottom of your pans, this helps make sure your cakes come out clean and don't stick! (highly recommend doing this).
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and whisk this together.
- Set this aside. Next in a mixer beat the 4 eggs until frothy.
- To this add the sugar in gradually and beat until the mixture becomes thick.
- Add in vanilla and while the mixer is running slowly add in the oil ( this oil is important as it helps preserve the cake and keeps it soft and fresh in the fridge for several days if you store it).
- Add flour mixture and mix until its all well incorporated.
- To this now fold in carrots and nuts using a spoon not the mixer.
- Divide the batter as evenly as you can between the 2 pans.
- Bake for about 30-40 mins or until toothpick comes out clean and let it cool for at least 2 hours before icing it.
- When you're cakes have cooled for about 15 mins remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- For the icing with a mixer beat the butter until smooth and to this add the room temp cream cheese and beat this until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar gradually a little at a time and add vanilla and beat until icing consistency is achieved (not too much!).
- You can ice this to your liking, I took a bit of the icing and used it to sandwich the two cakes together and iced the top and sides with the remaining frosting, I also took and bit and piped some icing for decorations. I also used chopped walnuts and pecans for garnish which is a great touch! But have fun with this and make it your own!.
- This should be stored in the fridge if it's not finished since it has cream cheese but I guarantee the oil in the cake prevents it from hardening and it tastes great even several days free you bake it!.
recipe by NoorAhm @cookpad