Roasted Buttermilk Chicken.
You can make Roasted Buttermilk Chicken using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Buttermilk Chicken
- It’s 4 pound of whole chicken.
- Prepare 1 quart of buttermilk.
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of lime.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of extra Virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 cup of water for thickening.
Roasted Buttermilk Chicken instructions
- 3 nights prior to cooking put the whole chicken into a ziploc bag and marinate with the buttermilk for 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit heat a large diameter pan or skillet.
- Spatchcock the chicken, cut it down the spine..
- Add half a tablespoon of salt to the insides of the chicken..
- Add the chicken skin side up to the heated skillet.
- Add the salt, garlic and pepper all over the chicken.
- Now squeeze the lime over the chicken and get the pulp on it too. Chop the onion and Add seasoned salt..
- Put into the oven for 1 hour..
- Add a cup of water to the pan and deglaze the pan mix the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water. Bring the pan drippings to boil..
- Add the cornstarch solution to the pan drippings and let thicken a bit.
- Pour over the chicken and serve with mashed potatoes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.