Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak.
You can cook Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak
- It’s of Steak————–.
- Prepare 1-1/4 pound of shoulder steak.
- You need 1 quart of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of Breading————.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s As needed of oil to fry with.
- Prepare As needed of water for thinning gravy.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder for gravy.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
Buttermilk Chicken Fried Steak instructions
- Pat the steak dry.
- Season both sides of the steak with salt, pepper, and garlic. Slice the steak in half..
- Put the steak into a ziploc bag and add the buttermilk..
- Put into the refrigerator overnight..
- Beat the eggs. Heat the oil and season the flour..
- Remove a slice of the steak and let the buttermilk drain off a bit..
- Dip the steak still wet with buttermilk into the flour..
- Then into the egg.
- Now cover with the breadcrumbs..
- Fry in the oil turning as needed..
- When done move to a paper towel to absorb excessive oils..
- Repeat with 2nd piece of Steak..
- Take the leftover flour and add to 3 tablespoon of the oil used to fry the steaks..
- Stir till the flour is cooked making a Roux..
- Add buttermilk to the Roux simmer 8 minutes. Stirring constantly till thickened. Add water if too thick. Add seasonings to taste..
- Serve this gravy with the steak..
- I hope you enjoy!!!.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice I did both..