Vickys Key Lime Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Key Lime Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Key Lime Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of (1 & 3/4 cups) gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need of baking soda / bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime + rice milk added to measure 240ml / 1 cup.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- You need of Zest of 2 limes.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- It’s of For the Lime Buttercream Frosting.
- It’s of icing sugar / powdered sugar.
- It’s of Gold Foil-wrapped Stork margarine block.
- It’s of lime juice.
- Prepare of or 2 green food colouring.
- You need of Lime zest to decorate.
Vickys Key Lime Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line a cupcake tin with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and xanthan gum if using together in a bowl.
- Mix the lime / milk with the oil, vinegar and vanilla then add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the wet mix to the dry along with the lime zest and whisk until smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly between the paper liners.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick in the middle tests clean then let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes with a wide piping nozzle and sprinkle with lime zest to finish.
- To make the buttercream, beat the margarine until softened then add the powdered sugar, mixing until pale and fluffy before adding the lime juice and food colouring.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad