old fashion buttermilk biscuits. So many of you have learned how to make biscuits by watching my tutorials. Many of them are old and do not show the entire process from start to finish. My family gobbles up these biscuits, which are low in fat, cholesterol and sugar.
As they're baking, the smell is amazing. Spoon flour into a measuring cup being careful not to pack flour, level off. Warm, flaky, old fashioned biscuits are the best! You can cook old fashion buttermilk biscuits using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of old fashion buttermilk biscuits
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shortning.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of buttermilk (more as needed).
These biscuits go with almost any meal and are easy to throw together in a hurry. Nothing beats warm flaky old fashioned biscuits straight from the oven. Old-fashioned lard biscuits make the best most tender biscuits! It's as old-fashioned as it gets and the finished product is incredible!
old fashion buttermilk biscuits step by step
- preheat oven to 450 f, melt shortning in ovenproof skillet (i used cast iron).
- mix flour,baking powder,baking soda,salt in a bowl add buttermilk mix well add melted shortning make in to a soft dough with out over working or kneading it very light hands..
- shape dough in to balls place in skillet turning over to coat with shortning, flatten lightly..
They are light and fluffy thanks to White Lily flour. I swear that flour makes the best biscuits but really any. Start working the flour. is desired, the biscuits are placed about an inch . knuckles to flatten slightly. That's how it is supposed to be: a casual, messy, deliciously warm comfortable pleasure. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl and stir well to mix.