Sticky Date Cake with Toffee Sauce.
You can cook Sticky Date Cake with Toffee Sauce using 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sticky Date Cake with Toffee Sauce
- It’s of Dates seeds with removed.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Vanilla Essence.
- You need of Baking soda.
- It’s of Unsalted butter at room temperature.
- You need of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare of White sugar.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- You need of All purpose flour Maida /.
- It’s of Baking powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Milk ( if needed).
- You need of Heavy Cream sauce – for toffee.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar sauce – for toffee.
- You need of Unsalted butter at room temperature – for toffee s.
- Prepare of Vanilla essence sauce – for toffee.
Sticky Date Cake with Toffee Sauce instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 deg F or 180 deg C..
- Add dates, water, and vanilla essence to a saucepan and simmer it on medium flame..
- When the dates ate cooked and mushy, without being watery, turn off the gas..
- Add the baking soda to the cooked dates. It will froth a bit, but thats okay..
- Take a mixing bowl, add the butter and whisk it..
- Add the brown and white sugars and whisk it well till its all blended and smooth..
- Drop in the eggs into the butter- sugar mixture and beat them well..
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk well till it all comes together..
- Next, add in the cooked dates, and fold it into the cake batter and mix well..
- If the cake batter is a little thick, you can add some milk to loosen it up a bit..
- Pour the batter into a greased baking tin (springform is best)..
- Bake for 45-50 mins. A skewer inserted into the cake should come out clean..
- Lift the cake out of the oven after its done..
- In another saucepan, boil butter, sugar, cream, and vanilla essence together until it becomes thickish..
- Poke holes in the cake and pour the warm sauce over it..
recipe by Preethi Shankar @cookpad