Dried Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese Quiche.
You can make Dried Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese Quiche using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dried Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese Quiche
- Prepare of Pie crust (for a 15 cm and a 9 cm pie or for a 18 cm pie).
- It’s 10 grams of Almond flour.
- It’s 115 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 62 grams of Shortening.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 25 grams of Egg.
- You need 20 grams of Water.
- You need of Egg Mixture.
- You need 70 grams of Double cream.
- You need 2 of Eggs (large).
- It’s 1 dash of each Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of Spices of your choice.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion (sliced).
- It’s 2 of rashers Bacon (cut in half).
- You need 4 of Dried tomatoes.
- You need 50 grams of Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of Parsley.
Dried Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese Quiche instructions
- Blend the chilled cake flour and shortening in a food processor. Feel the mixture with your hand, and blend until there is no shortening lump and it has become fine dry crumbs..
- Add the egg and water, and blend in the food processor until the mixture come together into 1 or 2 big lumps. Don't over-knead it..
- Put the dough into a plastic bag, and roll it out to an even thickness, and into a circle that suits your pie dish. Transfer to the fridge to let it harden..
- When the crust hardens, line the pie dish with it, and cut off the excess dough on the edges using scissors, and shape the edges nicely. Make a small pie with the offcuts of the dough..
- Blind-bake the pie crust for 10 minutes at 200℃. If you place some nuts on the crust as baking stones to prevent the crust from puffing up, you can roast the nuts at the same time, so you will be killing two birds with one stone..
- Blind-bake the crust until it's light brown. Combine the egg mixture ingredients, and season with salt, pepper and spices rather generously..
- Saute the onion, bacon, and rehydrated dried tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Put them in the crust, add a little egg mixture, and bake for 15 minutes at 180℃..
- Pour in the rest of the egg mixture, add the cheese on top, and bake for a further 25 minutes at 180℃. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and bake for a little to finish..