Tomato and Raisin Chutney. Tomato chutney recipe for south Indian breakfasts like idli, dosa, pesarattu, pongal or roti, paratha. Spicy, tangy and flavorful tomato chutney. Tomato chutney recipe to accompany South Indian Breakfast like Idli, Dosa, pesarattu, Pongal, Rava idli & any snacks.
There are many variations of making tomato chutney aka thakkali chutney in Regional Indian Cuisine. This recipe for tomato chutney is hands-down the best recipe for a condiment that is a favorite of everyone on both How to Make Tomato Chutney. Some links in this article are affiliate links and if you click on them I will Now here's the part of chutney I wasn't always thrilled about: the raisins. tomato chutney, but reduces the shelf life of this chutney. while chutney recipes are heavily used in india and in its cuisine, but ironically it is finally do visit my other chutney recipes collection which can be easily served during breakfast or with plain rice. particularly, coconut chutney, hotel style coconut. You can make Tomato and Raisin Chutney using 15 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Tomato and Raisin Chutney
- It’s 3 of salad tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 1 of bay leave.
- It’s 3 of cardamoms.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon sticks.
- You need 1 tsp of panch phoron.
- You need 1 of medium size onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Chutneys have been around for a long time, and come in all forms and guises. Of course, tomato is the primary ingredient here, mixed with a little sugar and some raisins to hit that sweet note. A little chilli give us a hint of warmth while the vinegar makes sure we have a. tomato chutney, brie cheese, roasted garlic, french bread. Perk up your meal with this savory Tomato chutney.
Tomato and Raisin Chutney instructions
- Heat a frying pan with oil. Add the panch phoron and whole spices. Let them fry for few seconds. Now add onion and cook until gets soft. Then add tomatoes and all other ingredients. Cook them for 30 mins. Add little amount of water. Keep stirring until it gets smooth and gravy. Serve with rice or any snacks. You can keep in a jar and reserve for a month in the refrigerator..
This chutney is best served as a side dish with any kind of stuffed Paratha or over plain white rice. This tomato chutney is not only tasty but can be used in many ways. Hindi: tamatar Relish a salad platter of thinly sliced tomatoes, with chunks of mozzarella, a drizzle of olive oil, sliced black olives and basil leaves. Add tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil until it has a glazed appearance. Remove from fire and add in vinegar and raisins.