Buttermilk Pancakes. This easy to follow pancake recipe yields super delicious and totally amazing pancakes every time! So much better than a box mix! Thick, fluffy pancakes served the American way with glazed bacon and maple syrup.
You know a recipe is perfect when you have no desire to. To get pancakes that are light and puffy, use baking soda and baking powder that hasn't expired so it. Forget about boring, bland pancake mixes. You can have Buttermilk Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 of each egg — lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 ounce of butter — melted.
- You need as needed of pan spray.
Very light and fluffy, these pancakes will melt in your mouth. Cook until second side is golden brown. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a freezer container. There's no yeast which means: no rising time required.
Buttermilk Pancakes step by step
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir with a wire whisk to combine. (The batter will be slightly lumpy.).
- Spray the griddle or skillet lightly with the pan spray; the griddle or pan should be moderately hot. Drop a spoonful of batter to test if it is ready and adjust heat as needed..
- Drop the batter onto the griddle, using a two ounce ladle, leaving about one inch of space between pancakes..
- Cook the pancakes until the bottom is brown, the edges begin to dry, and bubbles begin to break the surface of the batter Turn the pancakes and cook them until the second side is brown. Repeat, using the remaining batter..
This recipe is so easy and the pancakes turn out fluffy and delicious; perfection. We've also added a note of when to add blueberries. These cakes are light and fluffy, delicious, and come with many variations. Ditch the store-bought mix and make your own pancakes from scratch! Every morning when I wake him up, I.