Sticky toffee pudding.
You can make Sticky toffee pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sticky toffee pudding
- You need of softened butter or sunflower spread.
- It’s of each soft light & dark muscavado sugar.
- It’s of beaten eggs.
- It’s of Self raising flour.
- It’s of pitted dates.
- You need of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare of boiling water.
- It’s of For the toffee sauce.
- Prepare of 100 gram dark muscavado suger.
- It’s of double cream.
- You need of slightly salted butter.
Sticky toffee pudding step by step
- Chop the dates and put them in a bowl with the bicarbonate of soda pour over the boiling water & leave to cool got ten minutes.
- Cream together the butter & sugars until light & fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, followed by the date mixture, then the flour. Grease & base line a rectangular cake tin 20 x30 cm with baking parchment, and pour the mixture in, smoothing the top.
- Bake at 160 degrees c for about 35 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean..
- Cool in the tin whilst you make the toffee sauce. Heat together the butter, sugar & cream in a small saucepan over a gentle heat, stirring carefully until the mixture is thick & glossy.
- To serve, cut the cake into squares, pour over some of the sauce, and offer the rest in a jug with pouring cream or creme fraiche.
recipe by the beekeeper's wife! @cookpad