You can have Buttermilk Biscuits using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits
- It’s 3 cups of White Lily self-rising Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Crisco shortening.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter (melted).
Buttermilk Biscuits step by step
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl sift flour with baking powder. Cut in the shortening and work in with hands until you have beads of flour mixture..
- Add buttermilk into flour mixture. Stir with wooden spoon until all flour is wet. Again work with hands to until dough is ready to pour out and cut..
- Place dough on floured surface and either press out or roll with rolling pin to about 3/4 inch tall. Cut with biscuit cutter and place on greased cookie sheet. Place biscuits next to each other for maximum rise..
- I allow biscuits to rest for 5-10 minutes prior to popping in oven. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown..
- When you first pull out of oven brush with melted butter. Enjoy..
- I know some will ask why use self-rising flour and then add baking powder. I have found through testing that this recipe gives maximum rise and tenderness to the biscuits. You may find through your own trial and error that you prefer less rise and/or a more firm biscuit..