Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts. Remove sprouts from skillet and set aside on a plate. Add vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic and whisk to combine. Roasted Brussel sprouts are not just incredibly easy to prepare, but also, this is one of the most popular holiday side dish recipes on this website!
This week had brussels sprouts on sale and I opted to use the Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar & Honey recipe. On the first try it came out phenomenal. Even with never having cooked brussels sprouts before the recipe was simple and clear and took only a short time to prepare serving three. You can have Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- You need 1 lb of fresh brussels sprouts.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoon of honey (depends on how sweet you want).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
The sprouts are roasted until they're ridiculously crispy, then tossed in a sweet and savory honey-balsamic glaze. They're reminiscent of the kind of Brussels sprouts you order at restaurants that leave you wondering what is it that they do to them ? Slice the stem off of the Brussels sprouts and then halve them. On a prepared baking sheet, combine Brussels sprouts and remaining ingredients.
Honey Balsamic Brussels Sprouts step by step
- Trim the dry tips off the brussels sprouts stems and cut brussels sprouts in half, careful not to cut too much off the stems so the halves stay intact. Place in colander, rinse under cold running water. Shake colander to drain as much water as possible..
- Place a medium, deep sided nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, butter, brussels sprouts, salt and pepper. Toss or stir to coat evenly until butter is melted..
- Saute over medium heat, only stirring occasionally, until some of the brussels sprouts begin to brown lightly. About 5 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and allow to steam until just fork tender, stirring occasionally. About 10-15 minutes more..
- When fork tender, uncover, increase heat to medium once more. Add balsamic vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir or toss gently to coat. Saute until balsamic vinegar has reduced and honey begins to caramelize forming a nice glaze on the Brussels sprouts. About 5 minutes more..
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired before serving. Enjoy!.
Combine the garlic and olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat. These easy and tasty oven-roasted Brussels sprouts are caramelized with balsamic vinegar and honey for a sweet and savory flavor making them the perfect side for Thanksgiving. How to Roast Brussels Sprouts in the Oven. Cut thin layer from bottom stem of the Brussels sprouts if lightly browned. Keep very small Brussels sprouts whole, halve others.