Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake. Tangy, moist, and flavorful pound cake. Can be eaten plain or use as a base for numerous dessert ideas. Stir in the lemon and the vanilla extracts.
This is one of the best bundt cake recipes, especially. How to Make Old Fashioned Pound Cake. To make a perfect pound cake, see the expert tips below the recipe. You can cook Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake
- Prepare 3 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 cups of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk (may substitute sour milk).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp. of lemon extract.
This is a wonderful pound cake that even the most picky eaters will love! Every time I make this, it is gone in no time. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. I made this pound cake as a simple base for strawberries and flavored balsamic syrups.
Upstate NY Buttermilk Pound Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F..
- Grease and flour 2 bread pans (or a Bundt pan)..
- Cream together sugar and shortening with an electric mixer..
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition..
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda..
- Add the flour mixture alternatively with buttermilk until all are used and mixed gently together. Be VERY careful not to overbeat..
- Gently fold in vanilla and lemon extract..
- Pour into prepared pans and bake approximately 60 minutes until done..
I don't usually go crazy for pound cake, but we loved this. This family favorite is so easy to make! Creamy and tangy, it brings beautiful flavor and tenderness to sweet and savory recipes. This is some serious pound cake – heavy, dense and delicious. Carefully pour batter into prepared pan.